Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2 Year Appointment

Yesterday, I took the girls for their 2 year appointment at the doctor's office.  I have never taken them to a well-visit by myself and yesterday I had a friend come with me.  I was a big help and made it easier to talk with their doctor.  During their morning bath and as we got ready, I talked with Jenna and Rachel about the appointment and what to expect.  They think it's funny to talk about "Dr. Bob, bob, bob".  
Rachel is still scared of the big exam table and hates when she has to sit on the scale.  Luckily this was the only time that she cried, well screamed really, when she had to be measured.  Jenna stood and watched this and cried too when she had to be measured but then the rest of the appointment went smoothly.  They had a blood sample taken to check lead and iron levels and didn't cry during that.
It makes me laugh that even though both girls talk and talk all day at home, most of time when we're out, they won't say a word.  They didn't really say a thing while the doctor was in there.  I have a 24 month questionnaire to fill out about developmental milestones.  I wish they had sent it to be before the appointment but I'll ask to find out about the results.  Overall it was a good appointment and I really didn't have any major concerns.  I can't believe the next well visit won't be until they're 3!  That's such a change from beginning when it was every month, 3 months, or 6 months.


Here are the stats from the check-up.
Jenna
Weight: 29 lbs, 12 oz.
Height: 34.75 inches
Head Circumference: 19.75 inches

Rachel
Weight: 26 lbs, 2 oz
Height: 33 inches
Head Circumference: 19 inches


I knew Jenna was a little bigger.  She loves to eat and will finish what's on her plate and ask for more.  I've had to keep an eye on her during snack time so she doesn't take Rachel's when she's done.  Rachel is a much slower eater and when she's sick with a cold she doesn't eat much at all.

I've been thinking about the New Year's Resolutions I wrote last week. Here's some updates:

  • I've had a few play dates with the girls and we went to story time at the library today.  I'm excited to get back to that.  
  • I attended a Zumba class tonight that one of my friends teaches.  It was a great workout, even though I felt silly not knowing the moves.  Kenny had fun with Jenna and Rachel so I'm excited to go again next week.  
  • I've been trying to clean the kitchen counters each evening before bed and I started organizing the girls' toys. 
  • I tried a few new recipes that were wonderful!





No comments:

Post a Comment