Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

We made it!

Our month of limited spending is over and I think we did pretty well.  We still bought groceries and made a few trips to Target.  I didn't buy any new clothes (for me or for the girls).  We made lots of home cooked meals and enjoyed sitting down for dinner every night.  Frozen meat and veggies were used up and so were lots of things in the pantry.  I still have the $20 bill in my wallet too!!
During this past month I started to learn a little bit about "couponing".  I've always had a coupon file but didn't realize that there are websites dedicated to teaching you how to get great deals on name-brand items.
Here's my favorite website so far:
Krazy Coupon lady
I've got my coupon binder put together and actually took it out when we went shopping on Monday.  With a little extra time and some pre-planning, I think it should be easy to save money.
One of the main reasons for doing what we did last month was to see if it was possible for me to stay at home and leave my teaching job.  I sent in my letters of resignation last week, so it's official.  I will be a stay-at-home-mom for at least a year and maybe longer.  Some days I think it is harder than going to work (because there is always something that needs to be done!), but it is so rewarding to see all the new things Jenna and Rachel are doing each day.

What's new with the girls?

  • Rachel rolled over today from her back to her belly!  She got there and realized that she really doesn't like tummy time.  She needs to learn how to roll back!
  • Jenna plays peek-a-boo with herself!  I play this with a blanket, covering their faces and finding them again.  When Jenna was supposed to be napping, she would cover her face with her blankie, kick her legs, then uncover her face and smile.  I watched without her seeing me and she did this for a while!  So cute!
Just some fun pictures:
Rachel

Jenna

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you will be a SAHM! I hope you'll keep sharing your couponing tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have u ever seen that couponing show where these people will get $1000 of groceries, sometimes more(or less) for like $5.00??? I need to learn how to shop like that-crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You're doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete