I kept thinking today that it was SIX months ago that we were in the hospital looking at our beautiful new Christmas-present babies. It was also a Sunday and during church this morning, Kenny and I looked at the clock and noticed that Jenna would have been born during the "Passing of the Peace". Rachel would have been born during the first hymn.
The six month check-up is on Tuesday and I'm excited to see how big they have gotten. I'm proud of myself that I'm still breastfeeding them and that we've made it for six months! I look at their little chunky thighs and round faces feel pretty happy of this accomplishment. While I was originally hoping to make it for six months, I definitely think we can keep going for longer.
Since I've last posted, the girls have started doing some new things. Rachel REALLY likes to eat from the spoon. We've tried rice cereal, oatmeal, bananas, avocados, and applesauce. She likes it all!! I have a hard time keeping up with her. She opens her mouth wide and asks for more. Jenna is doing better and seems to like the foods if they are really smooth. This week, we'll try sweet potatoes and peas.
Jenna isn't rolling over yet but she like to push up on her belly and look around at everything. Rachel rolls a lot from her back and usually gets stuck on her belly. I've seen her roll from her belly to her back a couple times but she usually just calls to me to turn her over.
Both girls have really started to notice textures. They love feeling and touching everything; cold glasses, soft blankets, and Kenny's scratchy face. Jenna often has her hands wide open ready to touch or grab something. Both girls love reaching and touching our faces. It's really cute.
I keep thinking that a tooth will pop out soon. I've been putting bibs on both girls because they have been drooling SO much. They are always chewing on something. Luckily they haven't been terribly fussy because of teething, just a few days here and there.
Some new pictures:
| June 23, 2011 |
| Rachel at 6 months |
| Jenna at 6 months |
| Rachel and Jenna (They wouldn't smile for the camera!) |
| Rachel |
| Jenna and Rachel playing together |
| Jenna |

I may be a bit biased (?) but those two girls are just cuter every time I see their pictures! Six months, wow! How can that be? I'm really proud of you and all that you've done for them, you are one awesome mommy!!
ReplyDelete