My plan is to start solid foods with the girls around the 6 month mark. Before we do this daily, our pediatrician recommended just starting with some simple foods during the 5th month. Two weeks ago, we tried rice cereal. It was funny to see their reactions to something that wasn't breastmilk. Jenna liked it better than Rachel. We may try again with some other flavor added in.
 |
| Rachel: First taste of rice cereal |
 |
| Jenna |
 |
| Day 2: Let's try again..... |
 |
| Day 2: "I think I like it!" |
Last week, I tried mashed bananas and they like it so much better than the rice. Jenna loves to grab and hold the spoon. Rachel smacks her lips and looks like she wants more. I'm not feeding them consistently now but hope to have more of a routine by the end of the month.
 |
| Rachel's eating bananas |
I've been doing a lot of reading about making my own baby food. There are so many benefits and lots of great resources with ideas of different food to make for your baby. As we branch out to try some new foods, I want to start making and freezing different kinds.
 |
| The girls getting used to their high chairs. |
No comments:
Post a Comment