Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Monday's Appointment update!

I had a great doctor's appointment on Monday. I was nervous, not knowing what to expect with a Non-Stress Test, but it was really interesting. I was hooked up to 3 monitors: 1 for each baby and 1 to monitor me, to see if I was having contractions. The machine records the babies' heartbeats over 20 - 30 minutes. I was given a button to push when I felt movement. The purpose of the test was to see if the heartbeats increased when when the babies were moving. Both babies did great! Towards the end of the test, the nurse was looking at the machine and asked me "Do you feel that?" It was showing a contraction. My stomach gets really hard, stays that way for a few seconds to a minute then goes back. This is what happened and she said said it was a contraction.
I also had a growth ultrasound. Both babies are now head down (WAY down). I had a feeling that Baby B had turned down because of all the movement I had been feeling lately. I hope they stay in that position. The doctor was joking with me saying they have "big heads" and "they'll be smart". He got approximate measurements for both of them being about 5lbs, 7oz. each!!
Tomorrow, I will technically by 35 weeks which is a point when they babies are developed and there shouldn't be any reason for them to have to go the NICU. I am still hoping to get to 37 or 38 weeks. This break from school has been so good to rest and put my feet up!

I found this picture online showing what fraternal twins look like inside at 36 weeks:

Pretty amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment