Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 29, 2012

April Update

I can't believe it's almost May.  April has been a fun month here!  The girls are changing so much and with Jenna almost running, she is definitely a "toddler".  She's been walking backwards, sideways, and learning to turn around.  Rachel still loves to crawl but she has been experimenting with getting up on her feet.  In the past couple days, she's standing standing without holding on to anything.  I have a feeling she'll be walking by the end of May.  I read somewhere that the average age of babies walking is 9-18 months.  That's a huge range! This is a funny picture of the girls standing on their head.  Jenna's been doing this for the last couple weeks and Rachel's now able to push up on her legs and do it too.
Being silly in the kitchen
I am loving their language learning.  Both girls have been trying new sounds and have words for lots of things.  They understand so much of what I say.  Jenna loves to be my helper and I can ask her to put something away or get something for me.  She likes putting garbage in the trashcan too.  I have to keep an eye on her and make sure it truly is garbage!! They know many animals and call them by their sound, so a cat is a "meow, meow."  It's so cute.  One of my favorites is a bee.  They say "buzz, buzz" and tickle their bellies like a bee is buzzing them!


My mom and dad visited earlier this month and we really enjoyed having them here.  Jenna and Rachel love their grandma and grandpa.  They both attempt to say "grandma" and it sounds something "ba-ba or ban-ba."  They get excited when they hear her voice on the phone.  It was great seeing my dad with the girls too.  I love watching both of them read to the girls and play with them.  Hopefully we'll see them again soon!


Reading with Grandpa and Grandma


Grandma and Rachel


A rare photo of me! 


They love these place mats they got for their birthday!




Rachel showing me the polar bear, and modeling a hair clip I made!


Jenna saw the camera and smiled!


Looking so grown up!


Jenna's modeling some of the hair clips I made! 

2 comments: