Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 9, 2012

A full house!

We've had lots of guests during the last couple of weeks.  I love having people stay with us and it's nice to have some extra help with the girls too.  Two weeks ago, Kenny attended a conference in New Orleans so my sister, Sandra, came to stay with me.  We had SO much fun with the girls.  Each day we went somewhere like the library, park, shopping, or out to lunch.  Jenna and Rachel love their Aunt Sandra and by the end of the week, they were attempting to say her name.  It sounded something like "Ya-Ya".  
Jenna and Rachel with Aunt Sandra
Playing with bows
Silly Rachel (and Jenna's foot!)
This past weekend, many people from Kenny's family came to stay. On Friday night, there were 14 people here!!  The girls had a lot of fun playing with their cousin who is 4 months older than them.  A full house is wonderful.  It was strange today when everyone left and the girls were napping.  It was so quiet.  
Easter Sunday: April 8, 2012
My mom and dad will be here Wednesday and stay until Saturday.  The last time my dad saw Jenna and Rachel was at Christmas and their first birthday.  Even since mom was here in February, they've changed so much!  


Updates on the girls:
At their 15 month appointment: 
Jenna:  23lb, 8oz; 30.74 inches
Rachel: 21lb; 29.5 inches


Both girls are learning new words all the time.  Jenna started saying "no, no".  Both girls say "uh oh!"  They say 10-15 animal (and other) sounds.  They make attempts at many words by saying the beginning sound such as "ch-ch" for cheerios or "sh-sh" for shoes.  It's fun watching them learn and try new words.


Jenna is walking better and better.  She's faster and able to pick herself up quickly if she falls down.  Rachel isn't walking but likes to hold our hands and walk.  She still seems content with crawling because she is FAST!  

I'm still breastfeeding.  During the month of March, I went from five feedings a day to two feedings (when they wake in the morning and before bed).  I was very worried about getting plugged ducts or mastitis but because I slowly took away nursing times, my body adjusted and I had no problems.  Two days ago, Jenna stopped nursing, she cried and shook her head "no" so she may have self-weaned.  I think I will still offer for another day or two because Rachel still nurses at those 2 times.  I've noticed because of that she's needed more snuggles from me during the day.  I can't believe I've nursed them this long, but I see the end in sight and it makes me sad but happy at the same time: sad because I'll miss our quiet snuggle time, and happy because we made it so long.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go on nursing them so long! I'm sorry that Jenna may have weaned, but it's SO much easier than having to tell them "no" when they want it!! I know how you feel...I was ready to wean Hudson when he started the process himself, but realizing that part of motherhood is behind me is TOUGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps check Jenna for teething? That may be the cause of not nursing.

    I LOVE the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna definitely was teething. A new molar was coming! There's another one working it's way out too!

    ReplyDelete