Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December already?

It's halfway through December and I haven't written a blog post for this month yet.  I've been busy with playdates, shopping, putting up the Christmas tree, and chasing two babies!  The girls are still belly-crawlers but they're fast.  Now they're pulling up on everything: couches, tables, chairs, toys, and even me!  Earlier this month, they were both practicing getting down from standing.  They would stand up, just to fall back down and then get back up again. Now it's fun to watch them cruise along the furniture.  
Rachel wants to help with the Christmas decorations.

Both girls are definitely playing more with sounds and words.  Jenna clearly says "cat" and "kan-kie" for her blanket.  They both mimic me with words starting with B and D and like to make the P sound.  They are understanding simple commands and point to different things when asked.  I love seeing them learn new things each day.  
They LOVE the Christmas tree and for now we still have our storage totes around it as a temporary gate.  They like to stand against the totes and stare at the lights on the tree.  Jenna and Rachel both squeal with delight when they look at it!!


 I can't believe that my babies are going to be a year old in less than two weeks.  I was looking through some pictures and found one from a year ago. This is me at 33 weeks, 2 weeks before Jenna and Rachel were born: 
 Here's some photos from last week. Rachel's hair is long enough now for little clips and hair bows.  They don't stay very well in Jenna's hair.   
Rachel with a pretty bow
What's this on my head?
"Yum! I think I'll eat Jenna's bow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment