Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Trip to Canada and NY: The week in review

I've sat down to write this blog a few times but kept getting sidetacked with Cyber Monday sales, creating Christmas cards, and uploading pictures to Snapfish.  
Last week we took a LONG roadtrip to Canada and then to Rochester, NY to see family for Thanksgiving.  Kenny's grandmother lives about 2 1/2 hours from Niagara Falls.  We hadn't seen her in a few years and we really wanted her to meet the girls.  On the way, we decided to drive halfway and stayed overnight in a motel.  The babies did great in their pack-n-plays, even if they did keep sitting up and peeking out to see us!  We made it to Canada on Saturday and then stayed til Monday morning.  
Rachel LOVED Great-Grandma D.'s sliding glass door.  Look at those handprints!

On Monday we drove to Rochester to see Kenny's family.  Tuesday was my mom's 60th birthday.  My sister and I surprised her with a memory book filled with notes from her friends. On Wednesday, we visited my grandparents and they got to meet Jenna and Rachel for the first time.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures that day. 

Thursday was Thanksgiving.  Sandra and Steve came for Thanksgiving lunch and then we exchanged Christmas presents (and birthday presents for Jenna and Rachel). After lunch, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins came to Mom and Dad's house for dessert.  I was impressed with how well the girls did while they were meeting SO many new people!

 On Friday, we had Thanksgiving dinner with Kenny's family.  The babies loved mashed potatoes,stuffing, green beans, and little bits of turkey. 
Rachel loves mashed potatoes

Look at the mashed potato beard!
 Here are a few other pictures from our trip:
Rachel checking out the stairs...
Jenna was helping Grandma organize her coupons

Grandpa and Rachel 
We couldn't get both babies to look and smile.
 11 month pictures!  Boy, it's getting harder and harder to get a monthly picture.  Rachel kept playing with the bear, throwing it off the couch then trying to go after it. 

So, I tried to get a picture of her sitting on the floor.  


Jenna sat still for just a second so I got this picture!


Phew!  It was a busy and week but we had so much fun seeing our family.  

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! They got a TON of presents.

    The secret, I've learned to taking active kids' pictures is to take 100 and hope for 1 good one. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete