Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 14, 2011

A little of this, a little of that

Happy November (14 days late)!  The past 2 weeks have been filled with new milestones for each of the girls.  I feel incredibly blessed and lucky that I'm able to be home and see the changes each day.  Rachel is now puling up on everything.  She'll even walk along the couch.  Jenna has started pulling up but often looks for someone to stand her up.  Jenna was late crawling but now really moves.  She is able to get to sitting from her belly.  Finally, a milestone she got to before Rachel! Ha!  



Rachel's my little climber.
Smiles from the kitchen


They are both understanding more words too and I love seeing their eyes light up when they hear something they understand.  Jenna has started to say "ki-ki" when we saying "kitty, kitty".  She is also using the sign for "more" when she's eating.  Sometimes it sounds like Rachel is saying "dis" when I say, "what's this?"  We like to say to her, "What's a snake say, sssss," and she says "Sssss."  They definitely have favorite books but especially like the books that have pictures of cats.  
The girls LOVE bath time.  They love splashing the water and banging the toys against the tub.  It's so much easier to give them a bath together instead of using the baby bathtub and bathing one at a time.  They seem to have fun splashing each other too!




 When Aunt Sandra and Uncle Steve came to visit, they brought these outfits for Jenna and Rachel.  I think they look so cute! 

Jenna's waving to Aunt Sandra!

A little "wrinkly-nosed" smile!

Last week, we installed new car seats so it was time to put away the infant seats.  Before we put them away, I took a picture of the girls sitting in them to compare to the first time they sat in the seats.  Wow!  This really shows how much they've changed and have grown!

Rachel on the left, Jenna on the right

No comments:

Post a Comment