Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Halfway through September

I've sat down several times to write a blog entry and usually one of the babies woke up from a nap earlier than I expected.  It's been 3 weeks since I last updated and so much has happened since then!
What happened at the end of August:

  • I attended a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting and met lots of nice moms.  It was the first time I left the girls in a childcare setting.  Rachel did great!  Jenna fussed and cried and they had to come get me.
  • My 31st birthday was quite memorable.  On August 23rd, we had an earthquake with the epicenter about 60 miles from here.  It was a 5.9 earthquake and did quite a lot of damage in Louisa, VA.

  • Rachel had her first cold and ear infection.  Two antibiotics and 2 weeks later, she is much better!  


  • The girls turned 8 months old!  They are getting so big! 





  • Back to the doctor's office we went. It was our 3rd time in 2 weeks. Jenna had an awful case of conjunctivitis (pink eye). The doctor even commented that he hadn't seen one that bad in a while!
  
What's new with the girls?
Jenna:
She has 2 teeth poking out.
She babbles all the time. I think Rachel taught her how to scream and squeal!
She loves her sippy cup and little puff snacks.
She loves her blankie and goes to sleep without crying.
She's not crawling yet, but on her belly, she turns herself in a circle.  
She'll roll to get what she wants.

Rachel:
She has one tooth all the way out and another poking out.
She still screams, squeals, and grunts.
She has started babbling.
She hums and makes noise when she's eating something she likes.
She has some separation anxiety with me which has made naps difficult.  
Some days are better than others!
She has started scooting/army crawling across the floor.  
She pulls with her arms and pushes with her legs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment