Each time I go somewhere with our limousine stroller, I always get curious glances and sometimes people make comments. Here are some of the most common (sometimes I wish I was witty and had an interesting answer for some of the "less intelligent" questions:
"Are they twins?" (The babies are the same size)
"Are they girls?" (They are often wearing pink and their car seats are pink.)
"How do you do it? or "How do you manage? (Just fine, thank you!)
"Are they identical?" (An OK question unless I say "No" and some ladies say, "Are you sure?")
On Wednesday, I went to JCPenney's with a friend from church. She asked me if people always comment when we are out. She thought it was funny...the stares, people turning their heads, or yelling out "Ooooh, twins!"
A twin mom on one of the message boards mentioned that we should hang a sign from the stroller with answers to all the questions people ask.
I know that people mean well, but I don't know if mothers with one baby get asked all these questions when they go out with their child.
"Are they twins?" (The babies are the same size)
"Are they girls?" (They are often wearing pink and their car seats are pink.)
"How do you do it? or "How do you manage? (Just fine, thank you!)
"Are they identical?" (An OK question unless I say "No" and some ladies say, "Are you sure?")
On Wednesday, I went to JCPenney's with a friend from church. She asked me if people always comment when we are out. She thought it was funny...the stares, people turning their heads, or yelling out "Ooooh, twins!"
A twin mom on one of the message boards mentioned that we should hang a sign from the stroller with answers to all the questions people ask.
I know that people mean well, but I don't know if mothers with one baby get asked all these questions when they go out with their child.
Some new pictures from this week:
Rachel and Jenna
Smiling Rachel
Jenna and Rachel
Smiling Rachel

I love the last picture, it is so funny! We got a lot of those types of questions whenever we went out. When we had Justin, it was "how nice! You finally got your boy" when I went out with the girls, since Justin was always with me. We got "are they all yours? Don't you know what causes that? Are you going to have any more?" etc, from perfect strangers.
ReplyDeleteLol! I remember being a new mom and getting lots of comments and being surprised by it. Now, 4 years later, if I go out without the kids and no one talks to me I feel weird. :o)
ReplyDelete