On Thursday, Kenny and I went to the Fetal Care Center in Charlottesville for an in-depth ultrasound to look at the anatomy of both babies. When we first got in, I asked the technician if we could find out the sex of the babies. The technician was incredibly skilled and talked through everything that we were looking at at. I was amazed to see the 4 chambers of the heart and the valves pumping blood through. The bones of the arms and legs and of the spine were so clear. We could see fingers and toes! Internal organs were studied and measurements were taken of everything.
Baby A was first, and we found out she is a GIRL!! After lots of measurements of Baby B, we found out she's a GIRL too!! I'm so excited and Kenny is thrilled!
At the end of the ultrasound, the babies were measured. Baby A is 13 oz. and Baby B is 14oz. This is normal for 21 weeks of pregnancy. We were given 12 pictures and I'll post a few here.
Baby A: Profile

Baby A: Leg

Baby B: Profile

Baby B: Fist by Face
Wow Shelia, that's amazing they could tell the sex so early and with twins. Congratulations. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and fast:)
ReplyDelete