I was thinking about my New Year's Resolution post today and I think it's time to update what I've been doing since the beginning of January!
To start with, Kenny and I had a date tonight. My sweet friend volunteered to watch Jenna and Rachel so that we could go out to dinner. We decided on a nice restaurant in Staunton but when we got there, the parking lot was packed and there were people waiting outside. So, we drove up the road to the Japanese Hibachi restaurant and were told it would be a 30+ minute wait. I guess this is what happens with no reservations on Valentine's Day. We headed back towards Waynesboro and decided to go to Mrs. Rowe's, a restaurant with home-cooking. We got right in and were obviously the youngest people there! It was fine though. The food was good and it was nice to talk and just be out of the house. We haven't been out alone without the girls in over a year and a half! It was a nice Valentine's Day and if we do it again next year, we'll try to make reservations somewhere!
My resolutions were categorized by want, need, share, succeed.
Want:
- I wanted to get out more with the girls and we have! Lots of fun at the library and at play dates with friends!
- I've learned 3 new piano pieces from my new book, Burgmuller: 25 Progressive Pieces. I think it helps that when I talk to my dad he's learning those too. We can talk about the ones we like the best.
| The girls are playing their "pianos" while I play. |
Need:
- Organization is a work in progress. I've created a menu board and this has helped us to be more organized in meal planning.
- A date...we had one tonight!
Share:
- My resolution included sharing myself by being outgoing. I signed on to be a Tastefully Simple Independent Consultant! This will allow me to make some extra money but also to meet more people and try to be more outgoing!! Message me if you would like to order anything! www.tastefullysimple.com/web/sgoodberry
Succeed:
- Losing weight was one of my goals and I've lost about 2-3 lbs. I started going to Zumba once a week and LOVE it!
My word for the year was "Active" and I feel like I've been pretty active so far!! The momentum from the past couple weeks will continue to push me forward!
It would be a blog post without some photos from the end of January and beginning of February!
It would be a blog post without some photos from the end of January and beginning of February!
| We have so many bluebirds around out house. I was playing with the zoom feature on my camera. |
| They're saying "oooh" while looking at some pretzels we made. |
| "Cheese!" |
| Jenna's calling Aunt Sandra and Grandma! |
| Lollipops after the Valentine's party. |

No comments:
Post a Comment