Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Today is December 25th.  Two years ago, we enjoyed Christmas breakfast with friends  came home relaxed, then went to bed not knowing that the next day we'd be new parents.  Tomorrow, Jenna and Rachel will be two.  Tonight at dinner, we taught them how to hold up two fingers and respond "TWO!!" when asked "how old are you?"  I know I've written it before, but I truly can't believe how fast the time has gone.  
Jenna's washing dishes at her kitchen

Playing with Slime!
A few days ago, we had some of Kenny's family here as they traveled to NY.  We exchanged presents and I realized that this was the first time the girls had opened presents since last year.  They quickly knew what to do and were so cute when they passed out the presents to everyone.  
Sorry it's blurry, they were busy passing out presents!

Saying Goodbye to Anne'
Even though they are both sick with terrible coughs and runny noses, we were still able to enjoy Christmas today.  This morning, they both went right to the biggest present and started tearing the paper.  It was fun to see them working together.  After opening presents, they explored and played with the new toys.  The favorite was the Fisher Price Wheelies Loops and Swoops Amusement park...a long name for a big toy!  We were disappointed though because it didn't come with 2 cars or 2 flags like the box said.  I'll try calling the company tomorrow and getting the missing pieces.  Still there was one car and two they already had worked fine.  Jenna and Rachel also loved the Fridge Phonics and played with that for a while.  The got some new phones, books, puzzles, Little People, and coloring books.    
Christmas!

Working to open a present

Rachel's new book!

Playing with the new Wheelies toy

Making cookies (actually tasting the dough)
Tomorrow my Mom and Dad will be coming and staying for a few days.  We'll have some friends over for a birthday dinner.  When you ask the girls "What does Birthday mean?"  They say, "Cake and Presents!!"  We'll definitely be taking more pictures tomorrow.  As for tonight, I will check on the girls on their last night as one-year-olds.  

1 comment: