Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Our trip up to Canada and New York

Kenny started a new job at Augusta Health in Fishersvilleon November 5.  His last day at UVA was October 19.  Because it will take a while to build up PTO, we decided to make a trip to NY in between the two jobs.  We left on Saturday, October 20th and drove a few hours to PA where we stayed for the night on our way to Tillsonburg, ON, Canada to visit Kenny's Grandma.  We stayed for a day and then headed to NY to visit my family.
I was so impressed with how the girls were in the car and how they were at Grandma D's house.  I brought a bag of toys but they were most impressed with a polar bear sculpture Grandma kept on an end table.  We got some cute pictures of them hugging and kissing the bear.



It was a long drive on Monday.  We would leave around naptime, hoping that Jenna and Rachel would sleep in the car but that really didn't happen.  Rachel never naps as long as Jenna and she would wake after 30-40 minutes and then wake up Jenna.  At least they were kept busy with books, toys, and movies.

On Tuesday, we visited the Strong Museum of Play in Rochester.  Kenny and I had gone to the Strong Museum when we were dating but had never been since it was renovated and made into a fantastic Children's Museum.  Tuesday was very rainy so it was the perfect day to go and spend the morning there.  They really enjoyed the Sesame Street exhibit and got to drive a taxi with Elmo in the backseat! We all loved the Wegman's grocery shopping.  Each girl got a cart, picked 5 items, got to scan them, get a receipt and then put their items back.  It was SO well done and they loved it!  We rode a train, a carousel, and then got some souvenirs from the gift shop before heading home.  They napped well that afternoon!

  

 Wednesday was a day we had set aside to visit my grandparents in Wolcott.  I loved seeing Jenna and Rachel playing with toys that my cousins and I had played with.  There were Fisher Price Little People, the school, big trucks, balls, and a little rocking chair.  I didn't even have to take out the toys that I brought.  While the girls napped, Grandma and I chatted.  I have always enjoyed talking with my Grandma!  Kenny went with Grandpa to the orchard to find any apples left on the trees.  When the girls woke up, we explored the yard and the apple boxes.  It was a beautiful fall day.  I'm so thankful to be able to spend time with my grandparents.  Jenna and Rachel were so happy and friendly with them and with other visitors who stopped by!
Rocking in the big chairs as Great-grandma looks on

They wanted to play in the mud puddle so I said "Keep your hands up!"







No comments:

Post a Comment