Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"White Kitty", Apple Picking and More!

It's been pretty chilly here the past couple of days.  Not long ago we had the AC turned on and now the heat is on.  The air smelled so fresh like Fall this morning.

Before I write about some of our fall activities, I wanted to introduce the newest member of our family.  This is Oliver or as the girls like to call him "White Kitty."  About a month ago, my neighbor called me and asked if we would like a kitten.  There was a stray outside her son's preschool.  She took him home, gave him some food and took care of him for the afternoon.  We went over to see him and he is a beautiful, completely white cat who LOVED people and seemed to be OK with kids.  That evening we went to the store and bought new kitten supplies and decided to bring him home.  The poor thing was covered with fleas and ear mites so he stayed in our spare room for a few days until we were sure he wouldn't get Fiona sick. Oliver is so friendly and loves Jenna and Rachel.  It's been good for them to learn how to be gentle with a pet. Fiona's still not so sure if she likes him.  He wants to play with her and like to jump on her and she hisses at him.  It's good exercise for her (she's getting fat!). Hopefully they'll get along and become friends!  




In my last post, I wrote about the girls helping me with baking.  Their aprons came in the mail and they are perfect!  We've made pumpkin bread and apple bread recently.  





Growing up, my mom made us play dough to play with.  I made it once when I was teaching preschool so I decided to try it again.  I found a recipe online and it made nice, soft dough.  Jenna and Rachel love playing with their blue play dough! 




 A couple weekends ago, we visited an orchard and picked apples and brought home some pumpkins.  It was the same place we visited in August to pick peaches.  The girls loved it!  They were able to get apples right from the tree and drop them in our bag.  When we got home, I made applesauce   Over the next few days I made apple pie and apple bread too.  Yum!









Trying homemade apple sauce.


One last picture that makes me smile.  They look cute in overalls and were having fun with Daddy!


1 comment:

  1. They're so cute!! :D I can't believe how big they're getting.

    ReplyDelete