Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 17, 2012

August update, a little late

I was so good about trying to blog twice a month.  August was busy and I didn't get around to writing! I'd like to publish this blog into a book because I've written so much about the girls so I want to make sure I write something each month!
The girls love to help in the kitchen. I let them push chairs to the island.  They help me dump ingredients into the bowl and mix with the spoon.  My great Aunt has the BEST zucchini bread recipe and we've made it at least 5 times since the beginning of August.  I have it memorized!  They can name the ingredients we add.  Rachel loves to say salt!  Jenna likes the brown sugar.  I just ordered them some aprons to wear when helping and they should be here soon!
Helping mix zucchini bread
My mom came on August 18.  The girls love their grandma!  We were busy everyday, going to the park, a book fair, storytime, and going out to lunch.  My dad came the following Thursday, on my birthday.  We went to a local peach orchard and had fun picking peaches.  It was the end of the season but we were still able to find some on the trees.  I loved having my parents here and the girls had so much fun with their grandma and grandpa.

Feeding ducks with Grandma

Sneaking a taste of birthday cake

Grandpa and his girls

Grandpa and Jenna

Just being silly!


What's new with Jenna and Rachel?
After being so worried about Rachel walking late, she has really caught up with her sister.  Jenna's still a little faster but Rachel can keep right up.  At the nearby park, they love the big slides and can climb the stairs and slide by themselves.

Their talking has really blossomed.  They often speak in two word phrases, often using the word "please".  "Up, please, daddy."  "Drink, please."  They don't use signs any more because I am usually able to understand what they want or need.  Rachel and Jenna both know most/all their letters (I think) and still like to do the starfall.com website.  Rachel loves her flashcards with letters and animals.  Jenna likes to build tall towers with her blocks.  Even with small temper tantrums here and there, they are both happy girls who love to play, look at books, and snuggle.  They make me smile every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment