We bought the ingredients for 6 meals, which is actually 12 meals because each one was put into 2 bags. Here's the before picture:
We made: Savory Chicken, Teriaki Chicken, Healthy BBQ Chicken, Lazy Day Beef Stew, Sausage and Peppers, and Sweet and Tangy Meatballs. Here's what it looked like when we were done.
The night before you want to cook it, you take one bag out of the freezer and let it defrost over night. The next morning, you dump the entire contents of the bag into the crock pot and follow the directions. I was going to do one today, but I forgot to take a bag out of the freezer last night...oops! We'll try one tomorrow.
If this works out well, I think we may try again. There are so many recipes on the internet and one other blogs that looked delicious too!

Welcome to freezer meals! I've been doing them for about 5 years now. They are great! I use them a lot, especially when we are going to have a baby. I also use them during our homeschool year.
ReplyDeleteIf you forget to defrost them overnight, you can always throw them in the microwave.
I've never put freezer meals in the crock pot, as I usually make casseroles. But, if I forget to defrost, I usually just cook them a little longer at a lower temp.
Freezer meals, I have found, also last longer than the recipes say. Most recommend no longer than 3 months. I've left them in the freezer longer than that without any problems.
Good luck!