Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 30, 2012

Sick Kiddos (and some new photos too!)

I wrote to someone last week saying, "wouldn't it be easier if both girls were sick at the same time, instead of passing illnesses back and forth?"  Well, I'm not sure if it's easier, but I sure do love all the momma snuggle time I've been getting lately.  Last week, Jenna got a high fever which came on suddenly.  It continued to go up after coming down with medicine until Friday when she was absolutely miserable.  The pediatrician did a thorough check-up complete with a nose swab, something to clean wax out her ear, and a catheter to check for a kidney infection.  She cried the entire time and I started crying as I held her while the catheter was placed.  No diagnosis as all tests were negative but I was told if a rash shows up, it is most likely a viral disease called roseola.  On Saturday morning, a rash began appearing and by Sunday it was all over her tummy, back, neck and face. So, it's probably roseola.  
Hard to see, but the rash is on her chest and face.
She still is acting sleepy and irritable and wants to be held. I hope she's getting better!  Rachel seemed fine at the doctor's office on Friday but developed a high fever Friday night.  It didn't stick around, but now she has so much congestion and a terrible runny nose.  We didn't get out much this month.  Rachel had a cold earlier in the month.  Sleepy, irritable babies aren't much fun to take anywhere.  


On a lighter note, I was looking through some pictures I took and found these:

Happy Jenna!
Rachel loves to put EVERYTHING in her mouth.  That's a mitten.

The sweaters they're wearing were mine when I was a baby.  Cute!
  

 We've been moving away from pureed food and having the girls eat more of what we're eating.  They love having a plate and have started using the spoon! 



1 comment:

  1. Sick kids are no fun. But the absolute worst is when they're feeling great and you feel yucky! Hopefully you won't experience that any time soon.

    Hope everyone recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete