Each day, they are understanding more and more and trying to say new words all the time. Jenna and Rachel are both showing new emotions like anger and frustration. There are times when they fight over the same toy. I have seen one or two temper tantrums that have been easily stopped when given a different toy. They are also starting to play games like hiding behind a curtain and peeking out or hiding around a corner and peeking out...kind of an advanced peek-a-boo. I love watching them understand simple commands such as "Kiss your sister" or "Snuggle with mommy."
This week we've been working on animal sounds. Both girls can "moo", "baa", "ssss", and they're trying to say "meow" and "woof". I need to get a video!
Some of the words Jenna says: Mama, Dada, Bear, Buh (Ball), Cup, Nigh-Nigh, Cat. She tries to imitate lots of words I say.
Rachel often quietly whispers words but I know she says: Mama, Dada, Boo (Balloon), Ki (Kitty), Buh (Bear). If I ask her to sing, she say "Na, Na, Na or La, La, La" in a sing-song voice. She was singing today during the Anthem at church!
I've researched and started some Baby Signs with the girls. They understand and sign: Eat, More, and All Done. We're working on Milk and Please.
A Blog post is never complete without some pictures. We had a birthday party for Jenna and Rachel on January 7. I was so thankful that my friend, Angie, took lots of pictures. We had a great time.

Baby signs are so much fun, although I could never do milk. It seemed like milking a cow and I was nursing at the time. Nope, that one never made it to our house. :o)
ReplyDelete:-) I haven't taught them to associate that sign with nursing, only when they have milk in a cup!! I won't call nursing "milk" for the same reason!!
ReplyDelete