Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

First Family Vacation

Last week, we went to Georgia to celebrate Kenny's grandparents 60th wedding anniversary and 80th birthdays.  It was the first time we had traveled further than about 30 minutes in the car.  Because I'm breastfeeding, I usually plan outings so that I can be back home before the girls are hungry again! I was so worried about an 8+ hour road trip!
Part of Kenny's family met us at our house and then we traveled together to Georgia (stopping after 4 hours for the first night).  The girls did so well...sleeping in the pack-n-plays, riding in the car, and visiting and meeting all the new people.  They went swimming for the first time in the lake and LOVED it!!  Next summer, I'll definitely have to get a little pool for outside.
They loved kicking in the water!
Beautiful babies
I was so worried about feeding them in the car, but it worked much better than I thought.  I used a boppy and tandem-fed them in the front seat of the car.  It gave them a chance to get out of the car seats and stretch a little too.
Overall it was a successful trip. After all my anxiety and worry about traveling with two 7 month old babies, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the trip went.
Rachel meeting Kenny's cousin and her husband
Rachel and Great-Grandpa R.
Rachel and Great-Grandma R.

Jenna meeting Great-Grandpa R.
Jenna and Great-Grandma R. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment