Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July Update Part 1

It's July 31st and I never sat down to write a blog this month.  It's probably because I'm now chasing around 2 toddlers! We had a fun, busy month.  At the end of June the girls had their 18 month checkup and continue to be just about 2 lbs apart.  Jenna was 25lb, 3 oz and Rachel was 23lb, 3oz.  Jenna was about 3/4 in. taller.  Their pediatrician was very pleased with their growth and milestones.  When we went for the appointment, Rachel had a high fever so they didn't get any vaccinations.  We'll schedule to have them soon. It turns out Rachel's fever was because of a UTI.  Luckily after a short course of antibiotics, she was feeling much better.  
My mom and dad came on July 4th and spent several days with us.  The girls love say "ba ba" and "bop pa" for Grandma and Grandpa.  They love the extra attention they get when visitors are here.  We had fun going to the park, feeding ducks, playing at the play ground, and going in the swimming pool.  It was SO hot when they were here, we all sat around with our feet in the wading pool!










Mom and Dad brought a child-sized picnic table that my sister, brothers, and I used when we were little.  It was perfect size for Jenna and Rachel.  Kenny and I went to Home Depot and bought some new primer and paint so that we could refinish it.  Kenny sanded it down.  There were many layers of paint!  Then we painted 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of paint.  I decided to stick with a sunny yellow because that's how I remember it.  The girls love it!  They sit there and color and eat snack there. 


Rachel likes to use my nursing cover as a cape!

A few more pictures from July.

I told Jenna to smile. 

Here I said "Say cheese!"

Rachel's saying "cheese"! 

Jenna loves her blocks and building towers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment