Because Rachel hasn't started walking yet, and because her feet turned WAY out, I took her to the pediatrician on June 1. He made two referrals, one to a physical therapist and another to a pediatric orthopedic doctor for evaluations. Last week, I took Rachel to see a Physical Therapist. She believed Rachel had low muscle tone and would need a brace and special shoes. She told me to continue encouraging Rachel to stand and find opportunities for her to climb and strengthen her muscles. We visit the pediatric ortho doctor at Kluge Children's Center in Charlottesville. We saw the doctor along with another pediatrician specializing in orthopedics. Both doctors didn't believe she had low muscle tone and mentioned how strong her legs were. She had a hip x-ray and we were happy that there were NO medical reasons that she wasn't walking. The doctor believed that as she started walking, her feet would fix themselves.
The next day, Thursday the 14th, Rachel took her first unassisted steps!! And, she continues to practice each day. The most she's taken is about 8 or 10. We bought a slide and she can climb up and slide down. She climbs on the coffee table and takes steps between furniture. She's getting stronger each day. In a few weeks, she'll be keeping up with Jenna.
On June 15, Kenny and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. His gift to me was an anniversary ring. My wedding solitaire was placed into a new setting with 2 more diamonds representing the past, present, and future. It's gorgeous and I find myself looking at it like I did when I was first engaged.
I created a gift for him that I found from an idea on Pinterest. I used GoogleEarth and found images of special places we have been or lived during our relationship. I think it turned out well. We enjoyed a dinner at home with the girls. It was a special day.
Of course some pictures of girls:

Yay! Congrats on 10 years, and yay for Rachel starting to walk. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! Those are great gift ideas.
ReplyDeleteOur ten year in next Friday. I didn't think about gifts...
Thanks for getting me on the ball.